Sunday, May 23, 2010

Issues publishing a web page in Publisher 2007 - can anyone help?

I%26#039;ve tried following the stock directions, but it%26#039;s not working. I have several sites hosted simply to get the template out on the web to use as the background for email blasts for a volunteer organization. I often receive error messages about the URL being too long, or the file location already being used. I%26#039;m hoping a kind soul will be able to walk me through it or can help me with some troubleshooting.



Issues publishing a web page in Publisher 2007 - can anyone help?





The problem is that Publisher is not a web development application. It%26#039;s more targeted at designing brochures and pamphlets and that sort of thing.



A URL would need to be so long to be too long that I really think this is a publisher error that you can%26#039;t really do much about.



I%26#039;m assume that since you are doing it for a volunteer organisation your resources (in terms of programs available for you to use and time you can afford to spend on it) are fairly low. But to be honest you need to try to transfer all your work into Frontpage, Dreamweaver or something similar and you should have a much better time.



By designing in publisher you will no doubt encounter a lot of problems in the code of the web page itself. I%26#039;ve saved Word documents in HTML format before and the coding is terrible! You will probably find that people not using Internet Explorer will have trouble seeing the page correctly, certain accessibility (i.e. disabled people) issues will arrise and who knows what else!



My advice is to try a one of the programs I already listed.



Goodluck, I hope you get a better answer than this but I dont think you will. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Web hosting service Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting